Assignments: There will be six assignments to be handed in during the term. These assignments will be posted on this webpage. They will be due at the beginning of class on the following dates:
- Assignment 1: January 19. Problems: A.4 (Page 207): 4.1a, 4.1b, 4.2a, 4.2b
- Assignment 2: January 28. Problems: A.4 (Page 208): 4.3a, 4.3b; Page 24: Exercises 1 and 2
- Assignment 3: February 11. Problems: Page 24: Exercises 3, 5 and 6
- Assignment 4: March 4. Problems: Page 24: Exercise 7; Page 35: Exercises 1 (parts c and d only) and 2
- Assignment 5: March 18. Problems: Page 63: Exercises A.1 and A.2; Page 66: Exercise B.1
- Assignment 6: April 1 Problems: Page 64: Exercises A.4, A.5, A.6
Exams: There will be one midterm exam, scheduled (during the usual class time) on the following date:
- Midterm Exam: Wednesday, February 25 (Solutions posted on Virtual Campus)
Missed midterm exams cannot
be rescheduled. If you miss a midterm exam for a legitimate (properly documented) reason, its weight will be added to the weight of the final exam in the computation of your course grade.
All (midterm and final) exams are closed-book exams. Calculators are not allowed, nor are they needed. You may not enter a test after, or leave before, the first 20 minutes have elapsed. You may also not leave an exam during the final 10 minutes. You must present your student card during the exam.