In addition to the course text, students may find the following references useful They have all been put on 48 hour reserve at Morisset Library.
- Hartshorne, Algebraic geometry, Springer, 1977: This book is often considered the standard reference for algebraic geometry. It is quite dense. We will cover approximately Chapter 1 of this book.
- Fulton, Algebraic curves: an introduction to algebraic geometry, Addison-Wesley, 1989
- Shafarevich and Reid, Basic algebraic geometry I, 2nd edition, Springer-Verlag Telos, 1995.
- Harris, Algebraic geometry: a first course, Springer, 1995.
- Miranda, Algebraic curves and Riemann surfaces, AMS, 1995.
- Griffiths, Introduction to algebraic curves, AMS, 1989.
- Griffiths and Harris, Principles of algebraic geometry, Wiley, 1978.